Friday, February 25, 2011

Second thoughts - Days 19 & 20

I am starting to have trouble with the 30 for 30 now, but not in the way I thought. I am not running out of ideas as much as I am dreading taking photos!! I have never had issues having my photo taken. In fact, I love photos for the memories they provide. I was always the friend with the camera, but not shy about being in front of it either. I think since this started I have been judging myself and the photos and this week it hit its culmination. I take 50 photos and will have one or two with my eyes open. Ugh. Very frustrating and making me contemplate continuing the 30 for 30, but without the photos! Ugh. :P

So Monday I took a pajama day and did not get dressed (one of the pluses AND minuses of working from home) and on Tuesday I did get dressed in another 30 for 30 outfit, but did not take a photo. I was completely unmotivated. I may recreate it for you all on another day ... So days 19 & 20 are not really 19 and 20, but its what you're getting, I guess! At least I made myself get back in the program and not quit! =) On top of that, we've had crazy weather this week. Cold, snow and now even colder, but sunny. I was not prepared for this when I selected my clothing. By the time February rolls around it is typically warmer. It's our December and especially January that are usually colder.  This is only the 5th or 6th time on record that Portland has had snow in February. So I have been layering other t-shirts or tanks etc. under my 30 for 30 clothes to add some bulk. And just in time for my weekend on Mt. Hood, outside in the cold for Mountaineering First-aid this weekend.  Brrr ...

We had more, but it was only 34 degrees so it melted down during the day yesterday. I should have taken the picture in the morning when the road was covered. Today it is below freezing & everything is now ICE! This is what we usually end up with, ice. Much less fun. See the bike? The kids were out of school for a snow day yesterday and some kid left his bike there all day and overnight. Finally disappeared sometime this morning. I just hope he took it & not someone else ...
Day 19 
Turtle neck - Old Navy, Sweather - Loft, long arm warmers - Sock Dreams, Hat - Izy B's
Dress - Old Navy (Thrifted), leggings - American Apparel, Boots - Fred Meyer

Dan was asking to see some leg & this is what he got!
Glass leaf was a gift from my mom, purchased from
an artisan at the market in Charleston, SC.
Day 20
Blouse - Liz Claybourne, Sweater - NY & Co., Pants - Loft,
Boots - Fred Meyer, Silk tube scarf - Thrift

This scarf is sewn in a circle & a tube. Easy to throw around your neck
or wrist & the perfect color for this outfit.
I like red if you haven't noticed. This is one of my favorite rugs! Persian from a guy in the area who works strictly from Craig's List. It began as a hobby of his and now he sells to the local "Rug Stores". I have 3 rugs from him. Real Persians that he picks out in person, for cheaper than the price of buying one from a retail store. Two of them are actually antiques (this one) and one was new. My goal is to replace the carpet upstairs and get bamboo floors and more rugs! Shhhh. Do not tell Dan. 



1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean! It's easy to love pictures when they are of something cool that you will look back on as a cool memory, but it's kind of hard when its you standing there showing off an outfit to be judged by tons of bloggers! Im sure taking a little break will help you get re-motivated though! GOOD LUCK! :D

    ReplyDelete