Monday, February 14, 2011

Catching up! - Days 10, 11, 12

I am behind on posting, but these three photo sessions help catch me up. I was experimenting with patterns and color combinations over the weekend.

Day 10
I didn't do much Friday, so I wanted to be warm & comfy, but decided to be daring by mixing patterns and colors that I might not normally. Not sure how I feel about it now, but I liked it on Friday! What you cannot see very well in the photo is that my tights are dark purple!

T-shirt - Old Navy, Scarf - Marshall's, Belt - no idea!, Skirt - Trade Roots,
Fleece Tights - Fred Meyer, Shoes - Born, Bracelet - GoodWill

Day 11
I am always chilly, but instead of tights on Saturday I opted to try my skinny jeans with my plaid mini. Jeans with a skirt or dress is very Portland bohemian, but I may have only done this once prior.

T-shirt - Gap, Sweater - Not sure, Skirt - Thrifted, Skinny jeans - Mossimo (Target),
Boots - Thrifted, Bracelet & Necklace from Tanzania

Handmade in a Maasai Boma by local woman
Day 12
Sunday I headed to a Valentine's collage celebration of self at Somaphile, so I wanted to look nice, but comfortable. Nothing says that better than jeans and a blazer, but here I mixed my two favorite colors: red and turquoise.
Blouse - Liz Clabourne, Blazer- thrifted, Jeans - Mosssimo (Thrifted), Belt - Seattle's Pike Place Market,
Socks - SmartWool, Shoes- Born, Necklace - antique turquoise purchased in Belmont, NC

My collage! I plan to do a little more to it, but needed the paint & glue to dry first.
I'm not sure how I feel about my outfits from the last few days, but I feel good simply because I was stretching my sense of self through my fashion and my creativity. I was intimidated to attend the collage session with some very talented and crafty women, but I shouldn't have been. I knew deep down or I would not have signed myself up! I ended up having a blast, reconnecting with old friends and making new ones. I have also been wanting to host something similar at my house, but was struggling with the "I'm not good enoughs". Enough! I'm done with that!



No comments:

Post a Comment