Tuesday, February 15, 2011

It's a Laughing Day - Day 14

Day 14

Tuesdays are my Laughter Yoga & Toastmasters day. I have the Awakenings Laughter Club early in the morning and then I usually have a laughter club at a retirement community and then my Toastmasters Club meeting. So there is a lot of running around, but, of course, this month I also have Mountaineering First-aid in the evenings, so there is also rolling on the floor. Hence the need for jeans.

Turtle neck - Old Navy, Blazer - Thrifted (Talbots), sweater - NY & Co.,
Jeans - Thrifted (Mossimo), Scarf - Walgreens, Shoes - Born
It was colder this morning and very, very wet. Of course, cold here is not the same as cold in other places, but there is something about it being cold and wet that gets to you maybe more than cold, dry and snowy. Or maybe it's so many months of the same thing that drives one crazy! So this morning, beside needing to wear jeans, I layered even more than usual. One reason I threw this NY & Co. v-neck sweater in the Remix. Warm, but not bulky, so it can be layered under my other sweaters or blazers. Do you notice a theme? I'm cold and thus I layer!  For those of you who've been wondering why all but one of my photos has been inside, this is why! It is usually dark and rainy in Portland during the winter. The photo below is from my front porch at 9:30 am today. Pouring and dark. Not that my indoor light is much better, but it is at least dry!


It's hard to believe that it is day 14, for me, in the 30 for 30. So far so good. I am still having fun and not hating it yet, so as we say in Laughter Yoga, "Very good, very good, Yay! The benefits of doing Laughter Yoga: I can easily and effortlessly laugh at nothing! Like in the photo below, it was just me and the remote for the camera whooping it up. =D






2 comments: