Friday, February 4, 2011

Winter 30 for 30 - Day 3 & 4

Day 3 - Still Sick

So I have been fighting a cold with a nasty cough this week, so I didn't post my outfit the day of, however, yesterday was another day spent in jammies until the afternoon. I had a CPR/First-aid class that I couldn't really miss in the evening as it builds up to more in-depth training I am doing throughout February (Mazamas MFA), so I showered and dressed, but not to impress. This is exactly why I threw in my Prana hoodie at the last minute, relaxed without being boring.

T-shirt - Gap, Hoodie - Prana (REI), Jeans - Mossimo (Target), Shoes - Born, Socks - SmartWool


I was hamming it up for Dan.
My daring thing in this outfit was tucking my shirt in and wearing a belt. I usually do not like tucking in my shirt or wearing a belt. This is because I am kind of shaped like a boy (no hips) and so this style makes me look like I do not have a waist. I thrifted this studded belt in the last few months and had not worn it yet, so I did something I would normally never do. Wasn't quite as bad (the no waist thing) or as annoying (the shirt tucking) as anticipated. The surfer-style shell necklace belonged to my late husband, Jeff.

Day 4 

I was feeling a little bit better today and my outfit made me feel even better! I love red and blue, but this is something that I might put on and then take off and never leave the house in. I must say that it was fun! It's only day 4, but this is my favorite outfit so far and might be hard to beat. Dan was even impressed when he came home and he rarely notices my clothing. Thanks, Christine, for talking me out of the boring black clogs and into my cowboy boots! I also got a remote for taking pictures with the timer. Much better!

T-shirt - Gap, Skirt - Thrifted, Boots - Ariat, Tights - Fleece-lined from Fred Meyer


Multi-colored seed bead necklace

3 comments:

  1. You have the best necklaces and those boots are kick a** - way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love seeing a girl out there with cute socks. love these little striped ones here! and your plaid skirt paired with red is absolutely adorable. great outfits!
    -brittney
    http://adayinlifetoo.blogspot.com (fellow remixer)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am loving this! I've heard of this project before (and Six Items or Less, similar principle) but always thought of it as something that was more about awareness of consumption, not something that would help someone find their personal style. But look at you--that's exactly what's happening! The cowboy boots with the plaid skirt--cute yet chic; funky without overshooting. Sort of like its wearer...

    It's so interesting what we believe about our bodies and our shapes. (I'd never describe you as having a boy shape.) This is one of my problems with women's magazines "dress for your body" thing. I always thought I had big thighs so always dressed for the "pear" type. But now that I'm older I see I'm not a "pear" at all--I'm not any of those damn fruits! It was more like...I wasn't top-heavy, and I didn't have a thick waist as a teenager (now I probably do, does that make me an "apple"?), but I was too curvy to be considered boyish, so I was left with a rotting pear...

    ReplyDelete