Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Winter 30 for 30 - Day 1

Tuesdays are always my earliest day of the week. So last night I checked the weather and picked out my clothes before heading to bed. Deciding was made easier by only having 30 items to choose from!  Of course, Day 1 it is colder than normal and very windy, but we were blessed with blue skies (a rarity here in the winter) and we have better weather right now than most of the country so I will not complain. I also made sure to set my alarm with plenty of time to get up and dressed and have my husband snap a photo of me before I had to head out the door by 6:45 am for my laughter club. Most days I will not have the luxury of Dan playing photographer if I want my photos taken in the am when I am fresh. That's because I am not usually up and dressed before he leaves for work! Lucky me.

Here are my outfit photos for Day 1

 

Skirt - local boutique, Trade Roots, Shoes - Born, Socks - SmartWool 
(I also have super thick fleecy tights on since it was sooo cold & windy) 
The sweater & long-sleeve shirt are older, no-name-brand. May even be from Fred Meyer!

This outfit was comfortable and warm enough, but I still felt uncomfortable. Maybe, because I knew I was going to end up posting it online. Scary stuff. But that is not the only reason. Turquoise is my favorite color. I love this skirt (comfy & fav color!) and the socks too, but I do not think I have ever had the nerve to wear them together. My crazy socks, of which I have a few, are normally hiding under my jeans. So "Yay! me!" One of my main reasons for doing this is to stretch me outside of my comfort-zone. It may only be with my clothing for now, but the hope it to build up my tolerance to risk taking and then look out world! ;) I also think this might look better with a sweater that is not quite so long, but this is the one I have for 30 days!

To finish off, here are close-ups of my jewelry. I ditched the bangle in the photo. Bracelets are impracticable when doing Laughter Yoga.

I picked up this necklace from an artisan in Santa Fe over the summer while I was in New Mexico for the All-American Laughter Yoga Conference. I took the train from Albuquerque to Santa Fe for a day to sight see and look at jewelry and art. Fun!
For some reason my hair looks red. ?? But the earrings are pretty true to color on my computer.
The earrings were a gift from a friend. Hand-made! Thank you Brinn! Check out her new Esty shop Silver Glory Jewelry. She has plenty of jewelry that is not listed, so please let Brinn or I know if you are interested in something a little different. She takes custom orders, as well. 

So that's all for tonight. Sorry this post was up so late, but we finally got the new elliptical put together this evening. Yay! More on that tomorrow after I've gotten some sleep. Zzzzzz. Good night!


1 comment:

  1. Great outfit I love that teal color :) good luck with 30 for 30 I will definitely check back to see what you come up with!
    Oh, and thanks for the great comment on my blog!! As for my pictures I either get my boyfriend to take them or use the self timer on my camera ( I try weir angles because it looks a little less self timer-ish :P and I edit them in Photoshop ( I downloaded a free trial and watched YouTube tutorials to see how to edit lol). I hope that helps, good luck

    - www. Itsanewkate.bloodspot.com

    ReplyDelete