Monday, February 21, 2011

Weekend Review - Day 18 & 19

I did actually get out of my PJs over the weekend, but my husband thought it was only appropriate that you all get to see me in my favorite pair of Pajamas. Here is my just rolled out of bed look. Okay, I take that back. I look grumpier right after I roll out. This is me after the funk has been shaken off. I was excited for pancakes! Even though I was the one making them. I like cooking and on the weekends I often make a big breakfast on at least one of the two days. When I make pancakes, however, I have to make two batches! I am used to it by now, but regular cakes for Dan and gluten-free for me. On Sunday we actually had a healthier, fancier breakfast: Leek & feta omelet over a bed of balsamic sprinkled arugula. Yum!

Joe Boxer PJs - Kmart
This photos is how I know my hair is getting longer. When it was short-short it would've been sticking up all ways to Sunday! Might make for a more interesting photo for you all - Andrea looking like a rooster.

Saturday - Day 18
I wore something similar, but different to this earlier in the 30 for 30. I think I am starting to lose track. However, I have different shoes, hat and accessories so I think it counts as different ... But I don't know. I'm counting it!
Hat - Izzy B's in Cannon Beach, Long sleeved T - Gap, Sweater - Loft
Skinny jeans - Mossimo (Target), Arm Warmers - Sock Dreams, Scarf - ??
Boots - Thrifted, Belt - Came with a suit from Loft



Sunday - Day 19

On Sunday I visited the Hawthorne Laughter Club with my mom. Laura Lou was leading this week, so I got to just laugh with everyone else. We had a large, fun group. Maybe the biggest so far! Then we went out for Thai food and to the Oregon Symphony. Dvorák's 7th Symphony and some amazing violin concertos with visiting violinist, Jennifer Koh. The second concerto was written by Samuel Barber for the Fels Naptha Soap family and there was some drama around the commission. The son, who played violin, didn't like the end product, so the composer nicknamed it a Soap Opera. hee hee hee After hearing the piece, we decided that it must have been because he couldn't play it! The third movement was amazing and Koh rocked it. 110 measures of nonstop play by the soloist! 

Blouse - vintage Thrifted, Corduroy jacket - Gap, Skirt - Trade Roots
Tights - Target, Knee-high socks - Joe Boxer (Kmart)
This photo was taken at 10:30 pm after all the fun. I forgot to get a photo while I was fresh. Oops! I also tried taking the photos with no flash, since my eyes are almost always closed and I still had my eyes closed in many of the photos or it was blurry (even with a tripod). I am thinking about switching the look of my photos and imitating The Pretty Life Anonymous since my eyes are always closed. Or I could borrow an idea from Monkeyface over at Hello, Monkeyface, but I would choose a different face, of course! Maybe just one big smiley since I am a Laughter Yoga Teacher. I might be on to something there ...

By the way, I did not like this outfit so much, but I didn't hate it 'cause I obviously left the house in it. I started out with my other jacket, but liked that even less and ended up with this. Just wasn't feeling it yesterday. I like each piece, just not the combo, I guess. AND I forgot to get a picture of the socks for you. Darn it! No shoes in the studio for Laughter Yoga, so anticipating needing to remove my shoes I wore striped knee-high socks over my tights. Let's just say they were bright! Purple, pink, aqua. Maybe even yellow in there, but bright!

I was so ready for bed by this time ...
Hope you all enjoyed your weekend! Dan does not get President's Day off from work and since I have my own business I do not take it off. So Monday is a regular day for us. Stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. Aw thanks Andrea! And hey that smile is gorgeous, don't cover it up, although I love the smiley-face idea a la your pj's ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a great give away going on! Follow me to be the lucky winner! XOXO

    ReplyDelete