Friday, February 11, 2011

Winter 30 for 30 - Day 9

Day 9

This was yesterday's outfit ... I have always liked hats and wear them on and off. However, in the past few months I have begun wearing them more often. Partly, because I am always cold, partly because I am trying to grow my hair out and because this is something I love. I know I can pull off wearing a hat! So I am embracing it. It dawned on me that I had not worn one in any of my photos, even though I might have worn one since the 30 for 30 began. So I am going to try and remember to throw a hat on in the photos once-in-a-while. I should also thrown in a few photos with my coats etc. so you can see what I actually look like when I leave the house.

T-shirt - Gap * Sweater - Loft * Scarf - Walgreens (seriously!) * Belt - Came with my black suit
from Loft, doesn't even fit now, but the belt works! * Jeans - Mossimo, Target * Boots - Fred Meyers


I decided I like the black hat with white stitching better than the red w/ this outfit. The red hat is
my all around favorite, but the white stitching picks up the silver thread in the scarf nicely.
Skinny jeans are a new thing for me. I am normally into baggy khaki's and bootleg cut jeans. I got these for $10 on sale at Target before Christmas. For $10 I thought I would give it a try. They have grown on me a bit. Embracing the skinny legs. I have also NEVER belted the outside of a sweater or jacket or a scarf, but I have seen it done in the fashion blogging world (Kendi is a pro here, here & here. As is Tania here, here & here.) I thought I would give it a try. I actually ended up loving this! I wear a lot of scarfs since I am often cold, even in the summer here. It might be 75 or 80 outside, but it is often still cool inside buildings ... Anyway, I think we might see this trick again.


P.S. I loved this font in the beginning, but I am not so sure now. Please let me know if it is bugging you. Or maybe I am just having an off day ...

4 comments:

  1. LOVE the hat! That's my I-can't-pull-this-off thing--I love hats but always feel self-conscious in them.

    Aren't skinny jeans funny? I still don't have a pair but now they look totally normal to me, whereas a few years ago they looked horrifying. I never think I care about fashion--but then just seeing how quickly my eye adjusted, I have to reconsider that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute. I love the colors in the shirt and the hat. Plus that sweater!

    thequeenofwanderlust.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute and colorful. :)

    agentsuperstar-youarehere.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete