Thursday, February 3, 2011

Christmas/Birthday present

I've wanted a home exercise machine for a while now. I was really keen on getting the NordicTrack Incline Trainer to help simulate hiking in the off season (the new versions even have a decline feature!), but for various reasons we decided on an elliptical instead. Life was crazy with other things these last few months, so we actually did not purchase anything until after the New Year. Luckily, the sales on exercise equipment continue into January due to those old New Year's resolutions.

But things have still been busy, so there it sat in a box, first in the Suburban and then the garage. The biggest issue being that I was not strong enough to help Dan get the bulk of it in the house so that we could put it together. (It needed to be lugged up the stairs to the front door and then down into the basement.) Every time he went to go ask a neighbor, and he asked four different neighbors at various times, the guys were always conveniently gone. Finally, our neighbor Joe was around Sunday afternoon and they delivered it to the basement. 

This is what I could not help carry. Heav-Y!
Remaining pieces
Tuesday evening we finally put the puppy together! Woo-hoo! I am excited to jump on it and get to exercising, but, of course, Tuesday evening is also when my scratchy laughter throat turned into a cold.  Boo! In addition to the elliptical, I also have an entire set of exercises I am supposed to be doing for my core, low-back, pelvis and Iliotibial band. I am hoping to get on top of it all and have a successful, injury free climbing season this year. I've had several years plagued with various issues, mostly because I have never been athletic or in good physical condition. (As I can tell you, skinny does not equate in-shape) Every time I have tried to start a new thing I've gotten hurt. Seriously! I get tendinitis just by thinking about a new sport or exercise routine, but at 35 this is something I would like to conquer. It's not that I don't like being active, I just do not like always getting hurt. I do not need to be a stud, but I would like to be healthy and injury-free so that I can enjoy life in the NW with my husband.


So here is the completely put together NordicTrack Pathfinder Elliptical. It is huge, but the back end actually folds up and saves three feet of space. I am looking forward to jumping on regularly and watching Bones episodes on Netflix via my laptop (I just started season 3). I might actually get on it for a little bit today despite being sick, just because I want to plug it in, calibrate it, check out the menus, settings etc. and play with my new toy. But I doubt I will do a complete workout. Too much congestion for much cardio, besides I am saving my energy for CPR & First-aid class this evening. It's something I can't afford to miss!
The finished product! Our new NordicTrack Pathfinder

1 comment:

  1. excellent, i'm on my way over to rent time on it! ha ha ha. nice work, glad you got this project completed!

    ReplyDelete