Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Winter 30 for 30 - Day 7 & 8

Day 7
I've been having issues with my camera timer and my eyes always being closed in most of my photos. This was truly the only photo with eyes wide open. I thought they were open when looking in the LCD preview, but I guess not. They were either closed or I looked drugged once downloaded!
Blouse - thrifted vintage, Corduroy blazer - Gap, Khaki's - Loft,
Belt - Belonged to Jeff, my late husband, Shoes - Born
The blouse is off-white with a sheen and a pattern. Kinda hard to see
Day 8
I am finally wearing one of my dresses and my red shoes today. I am not big on dresses and skirts in the winter mainly, because I am always freezing! But I have enough of them that I should either clean them out of my closet or wear them. I have a hard time letting go of stuff. It runs in the family. I have been getting better over the years, but for now, I am trying to wear them. We'll see if I become a fan or if Dan makes me get ride of them all because the heating bill gets too high!
Blouse - Loft, Jumper dress - Old Navy Thrifted, Tights - Gap, Shoes - Azaleia Thrifted 
I am wearing my Japanese kanji necklace for laughter today with an extra silver chain for layering affect (not something I would normally do) and some simple silver and garnet drop earrings. I like this outfit, but I do not like the blouse on me as much as I like it on the hanger. We'll see if it grows on me over the next 30 days. I choose it also, because I got it at Loft and had never worn it even though I love it. Hmmm. I am seeing a pattern here.
Not sure if you noticed, but I am a day behind. I did not take a picture on Monday. I planned too. Truthfully, I had a 30 for 30 outfit on at the start of my day, but I had scheduled a much needed, awesome energy massage from my go-to-gal Brenda. Since the essential oils she uses are often part of the healing I was told I shouldn't wash it off yesterday, but let it remain on all day if I could. So when I got home I changed in to comfy yoga clothes, which I can often do when I am working from home, so that I wouldn't be getting the glorious oils all over my 30 for 30 clothing. When Dan came home he thought I smelled like a culinary masterpiece. We did eat well on Monday night, but alas the smell was me. At some point I think he wanted me to take a shower! I did not care since I felt fantastic! If you are familiar with the Raindrop Therapy you will understand. :) 

I still plan to do 30 days, I just will be going a few days later than most people. I have already planned into my schedule that the last weekend in February I will not be wearing any 30 for 30 clothing. I am taking Mountaineering First-aid all this month on Tuesday and Thursday evenings. The 26th & 27th are the field sessions. Basically, I will be on Mt. Hood, dressed in my mountaineering gear, outside, freezing (actually we hope it is below freezing and not 34 and raining which is much worse) and running through various injury and illness scenarios, hopefully rescuing my fellow outdoors people. In my book, mountaineering gear does not belong in the 30 for 30, even if I am sporting some Arc'Teryx gear, if regular exercise gear like running and yoga clothing are excluded from the remix. So I promise, I will wear 30 outfits with only 30 items, but it will be in a little over 30 days. We were already remixing into March, since February has only 28 day ...


No comments:

Post a Comment