Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Day - Day 13

Happy Valentine's Day! This should be Day 14 of the 30 for 30 Remix, but I missed a day as explained earlier. I am excited about today's outfit. I am wearing two pieces that I have not yet worn. My red velvet corduroy pants from Loft and my Uniform Project Little Black Dress. I love red and love Loft pants, since I am short and they sell petites in everything. No hemming required! And if you haven't heard about the Uniform Project, please check them out. Watch the videos of the first year on their Vimeo page and follow the current projects. My dress is the original LBD. It is reversible, has a removable collar and can be worn as a dress or tunic. Brilliant! I purchased one of theirs and got the pattern, so I can hopefully make my own in another color/fabric. To top it off they are always raising $$ for various good causes.

Day 13
I have been having bu-co trouble with my eyes being closed in my photos. Especially on the days I am doing self-portraits. So I am taking a cue from fellow 30 for 30 blogger Kate in my photo below. She does awesome candid shots of her daily outfits on her blog It's a New Kate.
Blouse - Loft, Red Velvet Pants - Loft, LBD - Uniform Project, Scarf - gift-thrifted, shoes - Born


See! My eyes are almost closed!
Nothing like a little spinning on the piano stool!
Also a little inspiration from Brittney who is always having fun on her blog A Day in the Life Too. She has not had any trouble showing her personality in her blog and I only hope to get to that point. So far my photos are way more boring than my actual life/personality. I am a Laughter Yoga teacher, for Pete's sake! :D

Of course, I have heart socks!!

2 comments:

  1. aww, thanks for the shoutout! Your photos look great and your personality definitely sines through in the last one where your smiling!! AND cool outfit, your socks make me smile :)

    - www.itsanewkate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the blog-love! i'm loving your layers--all of them!--here. you are adorable. i know, taking self-photos is its own beast, huh. happy (belated) valentines day. :)
    -brittney
    http://adayinlifetooblogspot.com

    ReplyDelete