Friday, February 18, 2011

Crazy weather - Day 15 & 16

So I complained a little about the weather in Portland in my last post as I took time to explain to fellow bloggers why all of my 30 for 30 photos are indoors. Rain, rain, rain. Well, we woke up Wednesday morning to this!

Yes, that is snow. Big large beautiful flakes.
However, it was not quite cold enough to stick. Just above freezing. So we got the beauty of the falling snow and none of the mess. 'Cause when it snows in Portland it is a disaster. Laugh, but we do not have the equipment to deal with it, no one knows how to drive in it and even if you know no one else does so it is crazy to go out. Everything shuts down. And we usually end up with freezing rain on top of our snow when it does snow. Ice is never fun, unless you are ice skating. Or eating ice cream. =)


Here are my outfits from days 15 & 16. Snowing on day 15 and then the sun actually came out on day 16!!

Day 15
Turquoise long sleeve - Fred Meyer, Jacket - Gap, Scarf - Marshall's
Skinny jeans - Mossimo (Target), Boots - Ariat
So this was another outfit that I ended up loving. I guess I really do like my cowgirl boots! I felt comfy and relaxed, but also felt like I looked nice and not dumpy. Also this was the halfway day of the 30 for 30 and I still felt okay. So "yay!" for day 15!

Day 16
White long sleeve T - Gap, Hoodie - Prana, Scarf - Walgreen's,
Khakis - Loft, Socks - SmartWool, Shoes - Azaliea (Thrifted)
This was yesterday (Thursday) and I was just not having a good day. I spent a good part of the day feeling blah and in my jammies as I worked. I couldn't shake the funk. I put on several other outfits after I finally took my shower and hated them all. It was just one of those days ... Until I put this on. This is something I think I might have worn without the 30 for 30 to just slide by and be comfortable, t-shirt, hoodie and khakis but with the addition of the red scarf and red shoes I feel in love. Woo-hoo! It's awesome when getting dressed or a certain color improves your mood. I do have to say that if it were not the 30 for 30 I would be wearing my baggy Gap khakis. These from the Loft are more fitting than I am normally comfortable with, but I threw them in, because I need to get comfortable with them. I have three pair in various shades of brown or khaki and I look good in them, they are just more fitting around the butt and upper leg than I am used too. So I am still stretching on day 16, but maybe I am finding my stride.

PS/ I've decided that I love red shoes, but not these red shoes. They are cute, Brazilian red leather and were cheap at the thrift store. Plus I can put my insole in them, but they break in a weird spot on my foot when I walk. I will be on the lookout for a replacement red leather shoe after the shopping ban is over!

No comments:

Post a Comment