Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Winter 30 for 30 - Day 5 & 6

Day 5


Saturday I hung out with my parents. Went to the movies, which I rarely do, did some computer related craftie stuff with my Dad (Photoshop & Corel Draw). My Mom and I saw "The King's Speech". Excellent!! I highly recommend it. There were laugh-out-loud moments and tender, emotional moments, plus history, royalty, WWII, stellar casting. What else can you ask for in a movie? I am half Australian, so there is always a little fascination with the Royal Family, not that I follow the tabloids or anything. But he was king when my Mom (Mum) was little, so that's pretty cool in my book. Then my parents and I went to Chang's Mongolian Grill for dinner, after which I picked up my awesome friend, Kristi at the airport and hung out with her before heading home to see my hubby and bed.

Blouse - Thrift, V-neck sweater - NY & Co., Pants - Petite Sophisticate, Shoes - Born
I wore the shirt and socks for my dad. He is creative and always wore bright, funky ties or shorts and crazy loud socks when I was little. I found this vintage blouse at a thrift store in the fall and love it. It also has an elastic waist, so no tucking in required. Yes! I doubt I would have normally worn this with the teal/turquoise-ish pants, but I like it.
Up close shows the pattern and color a little better.

Organic cotton, tied-died socks - Pretty sure these are from New Seasons Market
Dan was hunting on Saturday, with no luck. He took my photo when he got home that evening. Turns out he was feeling a little left out, so I got a picture of him in his hunting attire. My baby is cutting edge in hunting fashion! Look at that new Danner Hunter Orange hat. ;)
His shoes were too muddy to be worn in the house. And he is just about to laugh!


Day 6

Here's my outfit for Sunday. Again I challenged myself to tuck in my shirt and wear a belt. I have tons of belts that I rarely wear. Normally, I think I would have worn this with the turtle-neck un-tucked and the sweater partly buttoned so that no one could tell. I might have forgone the necklace, hard to say. Maybe not with a grey shirt, since it is kind of boring. I took this photo at the end of the day and forgot to brush my hair first. Oops!
Turtle-neck - Old Navy, sweater - ??, Skinny jeans - Mossimo (Target), Boots - Thrift
I got this necklace while in Tanzania in 2008. The black & white beads are ebony.
These were a Salvation Army purchase. The bow detail is not something I would normally be into,
but they have grown on me.


No comments:

Post a Comment