Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Water Logged - Days 21, 22 & 23

Okay, so we all know that it rains a lot in Portland, Oregon, right? But our winter rain is often a drizzle. Real Oregonians do not even use umbrellas. The last few days it has been pouring. Like the weather gods think this is a Southern thunderstorm, but we do not have any thunder and lightening, a rarity here.

BUT the deluge has been enough that we have water seeping up through the concrete cracks in our gear room in the basement. Ugh. Luckily, the few things that got wet are things that can get wet. Dry bags (designed to keep things dry!), coolers, Rubbermaid storage containers, one cardboard box of freeze dried food. But it has also been colder than normal. We had that little bit of snow and ice last week and the snow level is coming down to between 500-1000 feet again later this week. Which means there is always a chance it actually gets to the valley floor. We seem to be hovering just above freezing in the mornings. So we will see. Weird weather, especially for February! The good news is that the mountains are getting more snow again, which is important for spring mountain climbing, but also to ensure that we do not end up with a drought this summer. We had a warm spell and all the amazing amounts of snow we had accumulated this winter were almost melted in January!

What you can't see is all of the coolers and other items stacked up on the "dry" side of the room. Hope it stays that way!


Friday - Day 21


This was a good outfit to help me out of my funk since I had been not feeling the whole 30-for-30-picture-taking-thing earlier last week. I guess I really like my cow-boy boots, as many of the outfits that I have loved involved them. Interesting discovery. Although I do actually own one western style shirt and a pair of Wranglers, you probably won't see me sporting the entire combo (unless I'm playing dress up!), but I am liking the look of the cowboy boots with non-traditional western outfits. I loved the various browns here, but livened it up with red lipstick, which a rarely wear.
Blouse - Loft, Scarf - Joanne's Fabrics, Jacket - Gap, Khakis - Loft, Boots- Ariat
SEE! Closed eyes! A leather barrette acts as a scarf clip
Matching bracelets of different shapes.


Monday - Day 22


This past weekend was my final Mountaineering First-aid class up on Mt. Hood at the Mazama Lodge. As I posted on Facebook, I survived the class and the cold weather and I didn't kill anyone! I also was in mountaineering clothing all weekend, so I definitely skipped those days in my 30 for 30. I am thinking that I will not continue the 30 for 30 after the end of the week. That means I will not actually make 30 full days/outfits, but close enough for me. I really do not want it to drag any further into March since I am leading a training this weekend and will probably need to wear other clothing for that as well. That means I would end up taking it into next week. I'd feel okay with my decision to end a bit early, however, because I feel like it has served my purposes. Yay! So we'll see how I feel at the end of the week.


This was the photo with my eyes open the most out of many, many photos! I still feel like I look drugged. The thing is, I have been using my nice digital Canon SLR, but obviously the flash is too much for me. Maybe I should try my digital Canon point and shoot and see if my eyes are more open ... I almost loved this outfit. The only thing that was weird is the collar on the jacket and the shirt did not sit quite right together. This jacket does not have a standard blazer collar. Otherwise I was happy. Sporting a favorite color and jeans, but not looking like a bum. =)
Blouse - Vintage (GoodWill), Jacket - Thrifted,
Jeans - Mossimo/Target (Thrifted), Shoes - Born
Up close of my necklace. It looks a little less green in real life.

Tuesday - Day 23

Tuesdays are my busier day when it comes to running around versus working at home. My Toastmaster's meeting is Tuesdays at noon and today was our Open House. I had a small speaking role and thus wanted to look nice, hence I was a little more dressy than on an average Laughter Yoga day. I liked this outfit a lot and couldn't believe that I haven't put this jacket with these pants before! However, if it weren't 30 for 30 I would have worn different shoes. Probably my black clogs or black ankle boots. The Mary Jane's seem to break it up too much or something. Black socks might have helped, but I wanted wool this morning and this is what was clean!

Blouse - Loft, Jacket - Thrifted, Pants - Petite Sophisticate,
Shoes - Born, Belt - Pike's Place Market Seattle
This necklace is the Japanese kanji for "Laughter"
My belt from Pick's Place Market in Seattle. Probably from MasterCraft Leather,
but I do not remember.  It was a leather guy who cut it to fit, but it was a long time ago.
It has two buckles which are easily interchangeable. This native inspired design
(it is the seawolf if you are interested) and a silver buckle.


1 comment:

  1. Love the corduroy with the bright blouse!
    Hope you dry out soon. :)

    agentsuperstar-youarehere.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete